Our Bank Story

AVB was founded in 1905, two years before statehood. Arkansas Valley National Bank was the original name, named for the fertile valley of the Arkansas River that surrounded it. Threaded through the history of Broken Arrow, AVB has been a survivor, hunkering down during the hard times, while celebrating our successes along the way.

Through the continued leadership and involvement of the Brown-Kimbrough family, we’ve based our success on trust, stability, good old-fashioned hard work, and personal service to our valued customers.
  • 1905
    Arkansas Valley National Bank (AVNB) was established, located on at 302 South Main Street (corner of Dallas & Main Streets) in Broken Arrow, INDIAN TERRITORY.
  • 1907
    Oklahoma was admitted to the Union as the 46th state.
  • 1909
    AVNB received a state bank charter and become Arkansas Valley State Bank (AVSB). 
  • 1914
    Beginning of World War I.
  • 1918
    G.A. Brown, founder, increased his involvement in the Bank, becoming Director.
  • 1929
    The Depression and Dust Bowl Era Began.
  • 1939
    Start of World War II. 
  • 1961

    Known for an incredible legacy of valued humanitarianism, trusted business acumen and exceptional integrity, Ivan Brown, son of founder, G.A. Brown, assumed the position of President of AVSB, serving the bank for 48-years.

  • 1969
    Man walked on the moon.
  •  
     
     
  • 1983
    Barbara Kimbrough

    Barbara Brown Kimbrough began her service as a Board of Director. Barbara's AVB Bank history dated back to the very beginning of the bank in 1905, when her grandfather, G.A. Brown, founded the Bank. Ivan Brown, her father, served as President of the Bank in the 1960's. Barbara was the third-generation of her family to serve AVB. Upon her passing in 2015, she left behind a legacy of generosity, integrity, honesty and kindness.

  • 1984
    Virginia Johnson
    Virginia Johnson became Bank President, in a time when women seldom held positions in bank management and was one of the first women bank Presidents in the State of Oklahoma. She first joined AVSB in 1957 as a bookkeeper and was one of six employees, retiring in 1998 after 40-years of service.
  • 1995
    The ".Com" era began.
  • 2000

    After a 38-year banking career, where he served AVB as President, CEO and Chairman of the Board, Neely Kimbrough, son-in-law of Ivan Brown, retired. Kimbrough continues to serve on the Board of Directors. 

  • 2001
    Kelley Rash Headshot
    Kelley Kimbrough Rash was named Chairman of the Board, a role she continues to serve in today. First joining the Bank in 1975, Kelley is the fourth-generation of this family-owned Bank. 
  • 2002

    After 98-years of serving Broken Arrow, AVSB opened its first branch at 121st and South Elm in Broken Arrow. 

  • 2005

    AVSB celebrated 100 years of service. The same year as the Centennial celebration, the second AVSB branch, located at 51st and Mingo in Tulsa, was opened.

  • 2008

    AVSB rebranded to AVB Bank, while still maintaining the same same family ownership and dedication to local service.

  • 2009
    A new two-story AVB Bank branch, with direct access from the Broken Arrow Expressway, was opened.
  • 2012
    Ted Cundiff
    Ted Cundiff named President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). 
  • 2015
    The original AVB location, at 302 South Main Street in Broken Arrow, was closed and the Bank officially opened a new two-story facility at 322 South Main Street, remaining in historic downtown and heart of the Rose District.
  • 2020
    AVB Bank Board of Directors
    Now, in its sixth-generation of family ownership and fouth-generation of active management, AVB Bank has four branches and an Operations Center. Bank assets have surpassed $438 million.
     

    Pictured (l-to-r):  AVB Bank Board of Directors, Kelley Kimbrough Rash, Chairman; Ted Cundiff, President & CEO; Neely Kimbrough; Sally Kimbrough Wilton; Topper Causby, Executive Vice President & Chief Lending Officer; and Georgeanna Thomas.

  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
  •  
     
     
115 Years
of Trusted Relationships and Community Commitment
$438 Million in Assets
Same Family
Ownership and Management Since 1905
 
Back to top