Prevent account fraud before it occurs.
What is Positive Pay?Positive Pay is a fraud-prevention system offered to AVB small business and commercial checking customers to help identify forged, altered and counterfeit company checks before encountering a loss. The Positive Pay process is automated, through AVB's online cash-management system, and serves as a major deterrent to check fraud.How does AVB Positive Pay work?
- When daily business checks are written and entered into the online system (check number and dollar amount), they are uploaded to AVB.
- AVB Positive Pay matches the checks your company issues with those presented for payment.
- Matching checks and information are processed for payment.
- Any items presented for payment that differ from your company's uploaded information are flagged, and AVB communicates the discrepancy.
- Your company confirms that payment should proceed or that the payment should be rejected.BOTTOMLINE: If fraud was attempted, it never hits the actual account and does not result in a loss to the company.